Eastern Nazarene College Athletics
23 East Elm Avenue
Quincy, MA 02170
Dr. Brad Zarges
Required Forms and Additional Information
Eastern Nazarene College student-athletes must comply with all ENC, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to meeting and maintaining athletic eligibility. Any current or prospective student-athlete must complete the following steps/forms before being cleared to participate in their first practice.
1. Health Forms and Health Insurance
All athletes must show proof of insurance before waiving the ENC Student Insurance. The process for completing the college forms and accepting or declining the ENC student insurance can be completed by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact Patsy Malas in the ENC Health Center at email@example.com or 617-745-3893. Student-athletes that choose to decline the ENC Student Insurance must complete the online waiver form by August 1. If you do not complete this form, the insurance will automatically be added to your college bill.
All new student-athletes entering ENC for the first time must also have completed a physical examination within six months prior to starting at the college. This is an NCAA requirement.
2. NCAA Informational Videos
There are a number of resources available to student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division III level. While not required, you are encouraged to become familiar with the organization by viewing the videos in the “Getting in the Game” section of the NCAA website. Click the link below to be directed to that site.
3. NCAA and Eastern Nazarene College Athletics Forms
In order to be cleared to participate in athletics, every student-athlete must complete a number of forms that are used in the compliance process. These forms include NCAA, ENC, and conference documents. The method used by ENC Athletics is all done electronically through online software. Each returning and prospective athlete will receive an email with instructions on how to log into the system. If you have not received this email, please contact Toni Kabilian at the email or phone number listed above. The documents include important information in addition to various fields that must be completed. All forms are then submitted electronically and stored for departmental use. Athletes participating in fall sports are expected to complete these forms by August 1st. All other athletes are expected to complete these forms no later than September 1st. The list of documents in the online system include the following:
- DIII Form 17-3c Student Athlete Statement
- DIII Form 17-3f Drug-Testing Consent
- DIII Form HIPAA Buckley Amendment 17-18
- DIII Form Summary of Regulations 17-18
- ENC Athletic Health Screen (this form is required in addition to the Health Forms mentioned previously)
- ENC Concussion Facts-Statement
- ENC Informed Consent
- ENC Student-Athlete Form
- Hazing Statement and Student-Athlete Agreement
- Internet and Social Networking Policy
- Sickle Cell Trait Testing (a web address to videos about Sickle Cell is included in this document)
- Sportsmanship and Ethical Conduct Statement