About Coach Bishop…
Years at ENC: 4 (2016-Present)
Alma Mater: UC-Riverside ‘05
Playing Experience: Played three seasons of softball at NCAA Division I UC-Riverside
Record: 92-70 (overall)
Coaching Experience Before ENC…
2011-15 / Southwestern Community College, Assistant Coach
2009-10 / La Sierra University, Assistant Coach
More About Coach Bishop…
- Led ENC to the NECC Tournament Championship and first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance in 2019.
- Named the NECC Coach of the Year in 2019.
- Guided ENC to the Commonwealth Coast Conference Tournament twice.
- Named the Commonwealth Coast Conference Coach of the Year in 2018.
- Set single-season program-record with 19 victories in 2017 and again in 2018 with 28 wins.
- Under her tutelage, seven student-athletes have earned All-CCC honors while Lauren Clements was named the 2018 CCC Player of the Year and Elisabeth Schaffer was tabbed the 2018 CCC Pitcher of the Year.
- Has coached a pair of NFCA All-Region honors as Elisabeth Schaffer and Lauren Weidler earned second team accolades in 2018.
- At Southwestern CC, Bishop helped the Jaguars to 111 victories and a regional championship in 2012.
- Served as the head coach of the USSSA Pride’s 12U and 14U squads in 2015 after coaching the White Factory Softball Club’s 12U group from 2013 to 2014.
- Worked as a pitching and hitting instructor at Canyonside Baseball and Softball Academy in San Diego, California from 2012-16.
- As a player at NCAA Division I University of California-Riverside, she played catcher and first base and also served as the designated hitter for the Highlanders from 2003-05. Bishop concluded her playing career with an unblemished fielding percentage of 1.000.
- Bishop graduated from UC-Riverside with a degree in history and went on to earn her Master’s degree in Kinesiology from California Baptist University.
- Serves as a faculty member in the Sports Management department at ENC.