About Coach Polsgrove…
Years at ENC: 4 (2016-Present)
Alma Mater: Taylor University ‘87
Playing Experience: Played four seasons of basketball at Taylor University
Record: 258-431 (overall) | 49-52 at ENC
Coaching Experience Before ENC…
2012-16 / Avery County High School, Head Boys’ Basketball Coach
2006-12 / Lees-McRae College, Head Men’s Basketball Coach
1992-2006 / King College, Head Men’s Basketball Coach
1990-92 / Taylor University, Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
1987-90 / Mobile College, Graduate Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
More About Coach Polsgrove…
- 13th head men’s basketball coach in program history.
- Led the Lions to the New England Collegiate Conference Tournament semifinals in back-to-back seasons (2018-19 & 2019-20).
- Under his tutelage, Garrett Crandell and Josh Rice earned All-NECC second team honors in 2018-19. In 2019-20, Crandell was named to the All-NECC first team and Noah Cheney collected All-NECC second team honors.
- Guided Eastern Nazarene to the CCC semifinals in his first season.
- Polsgrove returned to the collegiate level after a four-year stint as head boys' basketball coach at Avery County High School in Newland, North Carolina. He guided the Vikings to a record of 85-33 in his four years including three consecutive conference and regular season championships. Polsgrove led Avery County to a pair of Elite Eight appearances and a Final Four berth in the North Carolina state playoffs.
- A three-time Western Highlands Conference Coach of the Year, Polsgrove coached 10 players to all-conference honors and one conference Player of the Year. Under his tutelage, the Vikings won 41 conference games in a row.
- Polsgrove was also named the NCBCA District 12 Coach of the Year in 2015-16 and the Best of Preps Extra Mile Coach of the Year in 2014-15.
- Served as the Assistant Athletic Director at Lees-McRae during his six-year coaching stint.
- He led the Tornado to 190 victories, two NAIA National Tournament appearances and the 1997-98 Tennessee-Virginia Athletic Conference title. Polsgrove earned back-to-back Tennessee-Virginia Athletic Conference Coach of the Year accolades in 1996-97 and 1997-98.
- While at King College, he served as Athletic Director from 2000 to 2004 and Associate Athletic Director from 2004 to 2006.
- Polsgrove was a four-year member of the men's basketball team at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana where he graduated with a degree in Business Systems.
- He went on to earn his Master's Degree from Mobile College in Mobile, Alabama while also serving as a Graduate Assistant Coach with the Rams.
- Serves as a faculty member in the Sports Management department at ENC.
- Originally from South Bend, Indiana.
- Married to Kim Polsgrove and has six children: Mark, Ty, Kylie, Kara, Ryan, and Drew
- Son, Mark, is in his first year as the assistant men’s basketball coach at Bethel University.
- Daughter, Kylie, is in her first season as the ENC head cross country coach and assistant track & field coach.