About Coach Bell…
Years at ENC: 4 (2016-Present)
Alma Mater: Wheaton (lll.) / University of Illinois-Chicago
Playing Experience: Played four seasons of soccer at Wheaton (Ill.)
Record: 193-191-38 (overall), 13-53-5 at ENC
Coaching Experience Before ENC…
1998-2015 / Cornerstone University, Head Men’s Soccer Coach
1995-97 / UMass-Boston, Assistant Coach
1987-90 / North Park University, Assistant Coach
More About Coach Bell…
- 15th head coach in program history.
- Voted the NECC Coach of the Year in 2019.
- Led ENC to the NECC Tournament semifinals in 2018.
- In his first season at the helm, Bell guided the Lions to a 6-11-2 overall record and their first trip to the Commonwealth Coast Conference Tournament since 2012.
- During his 17-year spell as head men’s soccer coach at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Bell led the Golden Eagles to three Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC) regular season titles and two WHAC Tournament Championships.
- At Cornerstone, his program produced 30 all-conference players, 25 all-academic student-athletes, 21 Academic All-Americans, 13 NAIA All-America honorable mention selections and one NAIA All-Region Player of the Year.
- A five-time WHAC Coach of the Year and two-time WHAC Champions of Character Coach of the Year.
- Coached numerous players who went on to compete at the professional level, including one player drafted into the MLS by the Colorado Rapids.
- At Cornerstone and Eastern Nazarene, Bell implemented “Night of Nets” which raised over $100,000 for the purchase of malaria prevention nets in Zambia.
- Graduated from the University of Illinois-Chicago after a four-year playing career at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Holds NSCAA Advanced National Coaching License.
- Originally from Hanover, Massachusetts.
- Serves as a faculty member in the Sports Management department at ENC.
- Married to Dr. Catherine Mueller-Bell and has two sons.